Walker’s Legacy in partnership with the African American Mayors Association (AAMA) will recognize multicultural women leaders in economic development.
Washington, DC — August 8, 2018 – Walker’s Legacy – the largest digital platform for multicultural women in business – and the Walker’s Legacy Foundation are proud to announce the recipients of the 2018 Women in Business and Civic Leadership Awards.
Recipients of the Women in Economic Development and Civic Leadership Awards are recognized as champions of policy and programs to advance economic development, entrepreneurship ecosystems and job opportunities within their respective communities. Recipients must work for a government, non-profit or chamber entity.
The 2018 honorees include:
- Irma Diggs, Senior Executive and Director of Federal Advocacy, National League of Cities, (Washington, D.C.)
- Lidia Soto-Harmon, CEO, Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital, (Washington, D.C.)
- Jetheda Hernandez, Director of Strategic Alliances & Partnerships, U.S. Department of Commerce, Minority Business Development Agency (Washington, D.C.)
- Unique Morris-Hughes, Director, District of Columbia Department of Employment Services (Washington, D.C)
- Constance Mitchell-Jefferson, Minority and Women Business Enterprise Officer, City of Rochester, NY (Rochester, NY)
- Tishaura O. Jones, Treasurer, City of St. Louis, MO (St. Louis, MO)
- Constance P. Logan, SBA Michigan District Director, U.S. Small Business Administration (Detroit, Michigan)
- Inez Long, President & CEO, BBIF Florida (Orlando, Florida)
- Jeannelle Branson-Wallace, City Administrator, City of Seat Pleasant, MD (Seat Pleasant, MD)
- Teresa Wilson, City Manager, City of Columbia, SC (Columbia, SC)
“We are proud to elevate and celebrate women who work daily to ensure economic and entrepreneurial opportunities,” stated Natalie Madeira Cofield, Founder & CEO of Walker’s Legacy and the Walker’s Legacy Foundation. “We received hundreds of nominations from across the country and are honored to recognize the achievements of the 2018 honorees who embody determination and civic leadership.”
Recipients will be honored at the 2018 Women in Business and Civic Leadership Awards Luncheon held in Washington, DC on September 13, 2018 at the Hamilton Live. The program will include featured remarks by notable female elected officials and is held in partnership with the African American Mayors Association, Microsoft, and the National League of Cities.
The event is sponsored by Microsoft and Verizon and is produced by Walker’s Legacy and the Walker’s Legacy Foundation.
For more information on the Walker’s Legacy Women in Economic Development and Civic Engagement Panel and Awards or to attend, please visit www.walkerslegacy.com.