The Walker’s Legacy Fellowship program is designed for students who have a demonstrated commitment to and interest in women studies, women in business and general entrepreneurship.
Further, fellowship opportunities are available for qualified college/university graduate students who have an interest in becoming future leaders and ambassadors in the growing women in business movement in the US and beyond.
Our team is seeking a part-time program fellow to assist with program and event planning, operations, content development, and more. Fellows will have the opportunity to learn about community engagement, program development and trends in entrepreneurship and innovation. Fellows are an integral part of the team and will be able to perform substantive work.
This candidate will work directly with the Walker’s Legacy Leadership Team to assist in outreach, communication, content development, and administration. It is essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
Job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Assist the Walker’s Legacy National Team on programming
- Help to spearhead the coordination of programs, events, and conferences
- Following up on administrative responsibilities associated with assigned tasks
- Daily Activities – Maintain close working relationships with staff professionals to ensure optimal results for day-to-day operations
- Works with other team members to coordinate the activities of interrelated workgroups
- Aid with data collection for program evaluation and review
- Provide communication and engagement with potential sponsors, funders, and corporate partners where appropriate and needed
- Assist in the coordination of events and programming and its associated correspondence
- Correspond and communicate effectively both internally and externally to complete assignments
Candidates Should Have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in communications and/or event planning
- High proficiency in Google suite of apps including Google Drive
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have a passion and/or interest in supporting women in business and entrepreneurship
- **Graphic design and experience in Canva also a plus
Availability: Between 15-20 hours a week
Compensation: $2,500 per semester
*Please note that the Walker’s Legacy national team is based in Washington, DC
To apply, click here.