Walker’s Legacy, the largest digital platform for professional and enterprising multicultural women, is proud to host its annual national entrepreneurship summit and pitch competition.
Our national entrepreneurship summit connects multicultural women business leaders to discuss the best resources available to fund and grow multicultural woman-owned businesses and ventures.
Today’s leaders in business, technology, entertainment, and civic engagement will convene in Washington, DC in fall 2018 for a content-packed program featuring industry expert-led panel discussions, executive fireside chats, collegiate GenZ leadership labs, one-on-one business counseling, a national pitch competition, and more.
Join the Walker’s Legacy team and apply to be a volunteer summit committee member. Volunteer committee members assist the national team in developing and executing the summit against our mission of connecting and uplifting women of color in business with the tools to learn, aspire and succeed.
We are looking for passionate, self-starting professional women to assist us in executing one of our biggest activations of the year.
Volunteer committee member benefits include…
- Access to 20+ global leaders in business, technology, entertainment, media, and entrepreneurship
- One (1) VIP access admission ticket
- One (1) professional Walker’s Legacy Membership (1-year)
- Exclusive Summit discount code
- Featured exhibitor/vendor opportunity
- Access to Summit speaker and sponsor VIP Dinner
- Exclusive Summit sponsor swag bag
- Inclusion and listing in national recognition, program collateral, and press materials
- Prioritized consideration for future Walker’s Legacy professional opportunities and resources
Volunteer: The volunteer committee vets, onboards, and manages additional day-of staffing and support
Ambassador: The ambassador committee will assist in generating attendance and brand engagement through strategic initiatives and influencer partnerships.
Speaker: The speaker committee assists in featured speaker research, outreach, and management for all Summit components.
Logistics and Technology: The logistics and technology committee assists in confirming and organizing all logistical details and day-of technology and staging needs.
Decor: The decor committee assists in developing the details of the Summit brand, look, and overall feel.
Social Media and PR: The social media and PR committee assist in promoting the Summit and its components before This committee also manages media outreach and press relations.
Please note that this is a volunteer opportunity for which no monetary compensation will be provided.
- Committee members must be available to attend a Walker’s Legacy training session in Washington, DC on June 25, 2018
- Committee members must be available to dedicate 5-7 work hours a week to Summit responsibilities in addition to pre-scheduled check-in phone meetings