Walker’s Legacy video series highlights success stories of notable professional Black women in entrepreneurship, health, politics, and beyond
In honor of Black History Month, Walker’s Legacy is proud to launch our #BEENBOSS video and profile series to provide an in-depth look into the contributions of Black women in the fields of education, politics, health, and entrepreneurship.
Each featured profile draws a connection from historical trailblazers such as Mary Jane McLeod Bethune, Shirley Chisholm, Mary Beatrice Davidson Kenner, Dr. Joyce Ladner and Madam C. J. Walker. The video and profile interviews further explore and discuss present-day strategies for success for aspiring and established women.
“We are excited about the launch of the #BEENBOSS video series in honor of Black History Month,” said Natalie Madeira Cofield, founder and CEO, Walker’s Legacy.
“Walker’s Legacy is a platform to shine a light on the professional contributions of women. The #BEENBOSS video series reminds us all of the rich entrepreneurial and leadership legacies of Black women in America.”
Throughout the month of February in honor of Black History Month, the organization will release a new #BEENBOSS video and profile featuring prominent and leading women. Featured interviewees include:
- Brittany Packnett, Vice President, National Community Alliances, Teach For America & Co-Founder, Campaign Zero
- Dr. N. Joyce Payne, Founder, Thurgood Marshall College Fund
- Alencia Johnson, Director, Constituency Communications, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Glynda Carr, Co-Founder, Higher Heights
- Rahama Wright, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Shea Yeleen Health and Beauty, LLC
- Linda Goler Blount, President & Chief Executive Officer, Black Women’s Health Imperative
In addition to the video and profile series, Walker’s Legacy also re-launched its limited edition #BEENBOSS tee that highlights past and present-day multicultural women entrepreneurs now available in the Walker’s Legacy online shop.
To learn more about the #BEENBOSS video series read featured profile stories or to purchase a #BEENBOSS tee click here.
In September 2018, the organization will also launch a #BEENBOSS video series to celebrate the accomplishments of Hispanic women during Hispanic Heritage Month.