Entrepreneurship Programming Fellowship
Walker’s Legacy is a fast growing start-up focused on empowering women through business and entrepreneurship. The Walker’s Legacy Fellowship program is designed for students who have a demonstrated commitment to and interest in women studies, women in business and general entrepreneurship.
One fellowship opportunity is available for qualified graduate student who has an interest in becoming a future leader and ambassador in the growing women in business movement in the US and beyond.
Walker’s Legacy seeks an Entrepreneurship Programming Fellow to support the execution of the Walker’s Legacy’s national entrepreneurship programming and PROSPECTUS, a highly competitive accelerator program for women owners of small- and medium-sized businesses.
The Entrepreneurship Programming Fellow will work closely with program staff until August 2019. The Fellowships require a minimum of 20 hours per week commitment.
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about program development, pressing trends for multicultural women in business, and trends in entrepreneurship and innovation. Interns are an integral part of the team and will be able to perform substantive work. A formal training program will be established for selected interns.
As an Entrepreneurship Programming Fellow, you would be directly involved in the planning and execution of entrepreneurship bootcamps and our PROSPECTUS program and its related events to occur across the nation in various markets working alongside Walker’s Legacy staff.
Programming Fellowship Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct research on existing accelerator programs for best practices studies
- Aid in the management of scheduling and programming for entrepreneurship programming
- Assist with the coordination of communication to instructors and facilitators in national markets
- Conduct outreach and follow-up with participants as needed
- Conduct outreach to program and organizational partners
- Assist with media outreach and engagement
- Participate in calls and meeting with team
- Participate in all required Fellowship training
- Additional responsibilities as requested
Event Planning Opportunity Responsibilities:
- Draft run of show for programming
- Join meetings and calls with staff and potential vendors
- Work collaboratively across functional areas as needed
- Meticulously and accurately complete necessary paperwork regarding programming
- Assist with team closeouts and follow-up
- Thank you letters and emails
- Data entry
- Must be a graduate level student
- Majoring in business, finance or other related fields
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $1,500/ month
Contract Term: Ends August 31, 2019
Must be based in Washington, DC and have personal transportation.