Walker’s Legacy is a fast growing start-up focused on empowering women through business and entrepreneurship. The Walker’s Legacy internship program is designed for students who have a demonstrated commitment to and interest in women studies, women in business and general entrepreneurship.
Our team is seeking a Communications and Social Media Intern our Washington, DC office with a strong knowledge and understanding of the public relations, the digital media landscape, and various social media websites.
Internship opportunities are available for qualified college/university undergraduate and graduate students who have an interest in becoming future leaders and ambassadors in the growing women in business movement in the US and beyond.
This candidate will work directly with the Communications and Special Projects Associate and assist in the maximization of media relationships, publication opportunities, and social media reach. The intern hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant, passionate, and fast-paced team.
It is essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
Job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Work with the Communications and Special Projects Associate to develop innovative and strategic communications plans that communicate WL messaging and initiatives
- Assist in the content creation to be distributed to our members and general media/public including weekly newsletters, national and local programming announcements, press releases, and other monthly public relations literature
- Monitor and create content for all social network mediums and WalkersLegacy.com
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Walker’s Legacy University Campus Contributors Program including all correspondence with various college campus and all associated responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in public relations, media, corporate communications or advertising a plus
- Experience using Canva, Picmonkey or other graphic design platforms
- Experiences using Mail Chimp, WordPress, and Constant Contact
- High proficiency in Google suite of apps including Google Drive
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and self-sufficient: Would you google before you inquired?
Public Relations, Marketing, Mass Communications, Journalism
Please apply here for consideration. The application closes December 16, 2016.