Walker’s Legacy is a fast growing start-up focused on empowering women through business and entrepreneurship.
The Manager of Communications will work directly with the Walker’s Legacy leadership team and assist in the development of communications including newsletters and content, press releases, media advisories, media engagement, publication outreach opportunities, speech writing and social media reach.
The ideal applicant should have a strong understanding of the communications, public relations, media relations and engagement, the digital media landscape, and various social media platforms.
This candidate will work directly with the Walker’s Legacy leadership team and assist in the development of communications including newsletters and content, press releases, media advisories, media engagement, publication outreach opportunities, speech writing and social media reach.
The individual hired for this role will need strong written and verbal communication and critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant, passionate, and fast-paced team.
It is essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
Job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Development of innovative and strategic communications plans that communicate WL messaging and initiatives
- Assist in the content creation to be distributed to our members and general media/public including weekly newsletters, national and local programming announcements, press releases, and other monthly public relations literature where needed
- Monitor and create content for all social network mediums and WalkersLegacy.com in conjunction with the Social Media fellow
- Engage print, digital and television media outlets on behalf of organizations programming
- Actively monitor and track media hits and engagement for reporting and analysis
- Provide communications reports to management team
- Assist in the development and implementation of contributor network and other communications related projects
- Edit and proofread external documents and materials on behalf of organization
- Work with leadership to develop and implement external communications strategy
- Manage the work of the Communications and Social Media Fellow
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral form
- Existing media relations and contacts
- Experience in public relations, media, corporate communications or advertising required
- Experiences using Mail Chimp, WordPress, and Constant Contact
- High proficiency in Google suite of apps including Google Drive
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and self-sufficient: Would you google before you inquired?
- A degree in public relations, marketing, mass communications, journalism, or english required
Click here to apply