It seems like yesterday that we held our first program for Walker’s Legacy in Washington, DC to provide professional women the opportunity to connect with, learn from and be inspired by amazing professional women of color in business.
We are so proud of what we have accomplished together since our first program in 2010.Today Walker’s Legacy represents more than 13,000 women in nineteen cities and counting across the nation.
We are even more excited to announce the new Walker’s Legacy.
Last year we held a number of focus group programs to best understand how Walker’s Legacy can best support the needs of women in our network.
With our new launch here’s what you can expect from Walker’s Legacy:
- Meaningful content to help you expand your business and increase your success quotient
- Walker’s Legacy membership opportunities for professional, small businesses (up to four employees can be listed) and students
- Searchable membership directory Walker’s Legacy by industry, affiliated Walker’s Legacy community, geographical location, and more…
- Exclusive opportunities, special discounts and offerings from partners for Walker’s Legacy members (member only)
- Member-to-member discount and deals to help further promote and expand your brand
- Member-to-member emailing and communication
- Member recommendations and referals
- Member profile social media sharing
- Jobs board for members to share job opportunities with our network of 13,000 professional and enterprising women of color (to be shared in newsletters)
- Featured member highlights in Walker’s Legacy email campaigns
- and more…
What you can also expect:
- No less than six in-person programs per market with featured member discounts
- Annual national Walker’s Legacy programs and events
- Advocacy and engagement on behalf of women of color in business with national agencies and organizations
- Walker’s Legacy for University for Women launching at a campus near you!
- Global expansion
We are excited to share the new Walker’s Legacy. Let’s expand and grow together!