powered by DC Department of Employment Services
Walker’s Legacy Foundation in partnership with the DC Department of Employment Services is excited to offer Microgrant funding to graduates of the Moms Who Enterprise program seeking to start their own small enterprise. This micro-grant opportunity is the bridge between your ideas and action by allowing you to execute and magnify the self-sufficiency of you and your family.
Walker’s Legacy & Walker’s Legacy Foundation
Walker’s Legacy is a global platform for the professional and entrepreneurial multicultural woman. We exist to inspire, equip, and engage through thought-provoking content, educational programming, and a global community. Our sister organization, Walker’s Legacy Foundation exists to provide the entrepreneurial, financial and professional supports needed to improve economic prosperity and reduce economic inequality for multicultural women and girls, globally.
Department of Employment Services (DOES)
The Department of Employment Services provides comprehensive employment services to ensure a competitive workforce, full employment, life-long learning, economic stability and the highest quality of life for all District residents.
What is a Microgrant?
A microgrant is a small sum of money distributed to an individual for the purpose of creating a sustainable livelihood or microenterprise. In other words, a small grant to assist you in starting your business.
Amount Funded: $1000
- Moms Who Enterprise Program: September 18-29, 2017
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2017
Eligibility for this microgrant program is directly linked to your eligibility and participation in the Walker’s Legacy Foundation – Moms Who Enterprise Program (formerly Moms Who Hustle). Participants must also meet the eligibility requirements set forth by the DOES out-of-school youth innovation grant. Applicants must be residents of the District of Columbia, with proof of ID, between the ages of 18-24, pregnant or parenting, must be out-of-school (this includes both college/university and vocational programs).
In addition, applicants must have fully completed and graduated from the Walker’s Legacy Foundation – Moms Who Enterprise Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship Program.
Deadlines – Deadline for application is September 30, 2017
Requirements for Funding:
The following are required of all applicants requesting microgrant funding:
- Must meet all DOES eligibility requirements
- Must complete and graduate or be eligible for graduation from the Moms Who Enterprise (formerly known as Moms Who Hustle) program – By completing all modules both online via the mobile app and in-person
- Submit an application request for microgrant funding – See program instructor for details
- Complete a business plan that is no more than 3-5 pages in length detailing business plans, marketing, and sales planning
- Must have a budget for how funding will be used to support your business idea
- Must report back to Walker’s Legacy Foundation within 6 months to share