Walker’s Legacy is a fast growing start-up focused on empowering women through business and entrepreneurship.
Our team is seeking a social media contractor with a strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, various social media platforms, SEO and social media analytic tools.
This consultant will work directly with the founder and communications and special projects manager and assist in the maximization of social media posting and digital engagement. The consultant hired for this role will need excellent communications skills and should be vibrant, passionate about our work, and able to work with a fast-paced team.
Job responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Work with the Communications and Special Projects Associate to develop innovative and strategic social media communication plans that communicate organization’s messaging and initiatives
- Work across Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter and other social media platforms
- Monitor and create copy, video and picture content for all social network mediums consistent with Walker’s Legacy brand
- Work with the team to develop a social media engagement strategy for campaigns and initiatives
- Conduct analysis and reporting of performance through social media analytics evaluation
- Communicate best practices and social media strategies to team members
- Assist with developing and implementing an influencer recruitment campaign
- Recruit coordinate and co-manage social media interns
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Experience in social media management, public relations, media, corporate communications required
- Experience using graphic design platforms
- High proficiency in Google suite of apps including Google Drive, Google AdSense, or other Ad Management tools
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with WordPress
- Self-starter and self-sufficient: Would you google before you inquired?
- Experience developing and executing a social media marketing campaign
- Proficiency with Shopify
- Technical/tactical knowledge of SEO techniques
- Conduct social media posting during important national and social events related to our community and audience (where applicable)
- Attend conferences and events of relevance to the organization and our community and conduct social media on behalf of organization (where applicable)
Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English, Literature, Digital Media, Media
Rate: $1,500 per month
Role Type: Contractor
Geographical Location: no location required
Apply: Click here to apply (must complete preliminary phone screen)