The Walker’s Legacy University Women Campus Contributors Program is an opportunity for student journalists, bloggers, and leaders alike to publish original work about topics related to our mission.
Why should I participate?
This is an opportunity to publish your writing on a platform with a fast-growing readership! Hone your skills as a journalist or blogger by producing content surrounding women of color in business and entrepreneurship.
You will become a representative of Walker’s Legacy and gain published writing samples along the way.
What are you responsible for?
Contributors to walkerslegacy.com will be responsible for the creation of content about all things women of color in business.
The blogs and articles created should relate to college-aged women and the unique journey they face in building the foundation for their dream careers.
Contributors are responsible for two (2) posts a month to be edited by the Walker’s Legacy team, and promoted on their personal social media channels.
What you will gain:
Having your articles published to our growing readership gives you a competitive edge with employers and graduate programs. Published content displays your ability to understand and convey a message on an array of business topics.
Access to Influencers:
The Walker’s Legacy network is comprised of accomplished women from around the world. Our network includes company founders, CEOs, executives, authors, and other women in positions of power and influence.
Contributors will have access and opportunities to engage with our nation-wide programming which includes but is not limited to professional conferences, trainings, panel discussions, and clinics.
Who we’re looking for:
As a Walker’s Legacy Campus Contributor, you will represent the growing brand of Walker’s Legacy as the premier organization for women of color in business and entrepreneurship and serve as leaders in student engagement on your respective campus. Applicants to the program should be:
- Enrolled as a student at an Undergraduate or Graduate Institution
- Students with a knack for news and good judgement of relevance when seeking a story
- Digitally savvy
- Social media junkies
- Deadline oriented
- Able to take photos, video, and conduct interviews with the use of a smart phone
- Deadline oriented
- Experienced and/or interested in learning online publishing platforms (ex. WordPress)
Campus Contributors will be responsible for the following:
- Submitting and writing two (2) articles a month for www.WalkersLegacy.com about topics relevant to the college woman of color in business
- Attend news meetings (virtual or via telephone) during pre-scheduled dates surrounding breaking news and topics
- Serve as a liaison and brand ambassador for Walker’s Legacy and the constituents of your particular campus