WASHINGTON, DC– Walker’s Legacy (WL), a Women in Business collective founded in 2009 to inspire women of all ages to walk into their professional passion and purpose, launched its new website today with new programming additions including:
- National Programs: Annual and by occasion in-person programming designed to maximize learning and networking opportunities featuring and highlighting notable national women of influence. Power Women Summits, Walker’s Legacy Business & Community Leadership Awards, among other programs
- Legacy Learning: In-person and online based engagement opportunities for professional development and learning from executive women of influence
- University Women: Walker’s Legacy campus-based programs to inspire the next generation of women
- Resident Experts: Our network of expert bloggers providing monthly advice in the areas of health, beauty, relationships and fashion to ensure that our walking women are well-rounded and designed.
- Walker of the Month: Monthly highlights of women who embody the legacy of Madam C. J. Walkers
“Our vision for Walker’s Legacy is to provide a platform to foster increased access to social, educational and professional opportunities for professional women and entrepreneurs”, said Natalie Madeira Cofield, WL Founder. “We believe that the extended programming and web-functionality will maximize ways in which our network of women engage and inspire each other.”
Through the new site, interested women will be able to stay informed with the latest WL news and information including forthcoming announcements about the launch of the 1st Annual Walker’s Legacy Women in Business & Civic Leadership Awards Program, an event that recognizes outstanding professional women who have demonstrated significant business and civic engagement. Honorees and featured speakers for the awards program, which will be hosted on Wednesday, September 18th 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at the Hamilton Live, 600 14th Street, NW Washington, DC 20005, will be announced on July 18th.
To register for the Walker’s Legacy awards, or for more information about Walker Legacy, please visit www.walkerslegacy.com.